Battery Recycling Made Easy
We are your one stop shop for battery recycling
Got Dead Batteries?
We’ll get your dead batteries recycled into reusable products. Waste Diversion is a leading provider of efficient, cost effective and turn-key solutions that helps its clients divert universal hazardous waste and hard to recycle waste from landfills.
Waste Diversion has helped many of its clients recycle batteries. We can accept almost all kinds of batteries, including:
- Alkaline batteries
- Mercury oxide batteries
- Silver oxide batteries (usually found in watches, medical devices and toys)
- Lead-acid batteries (including car batteries, fork-lift batteries, golf cart batteries)
- Lithium ion batteries
- Lithium polymer batteries
- Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) batteries
- NiMH batteries
- Zinc-carbon batteries
Facts About Battery Recycling
- The chemicals in batteries degrade over time and won’t last forever because of battery life duration and usage
- A battery can last for approximately 2 to 4 years or between 500 and 800 charge cycles
- Batteries can be responsible for over 80% of all the toxic heavy metals found in a landfill
- Lead-acid batteries are the oldest rechargeable batteries
- When a battery is recycled it can produce the following products for reuse:
- Approximately 30% of the zinc today comes from recycled sources
- Nickel-Cadmium batteries have been banned in the European Union for sale to the general public
Battery Recycling Matters
Batteries don’t last forever. Batteries need recycling because single-use and rechargeable batteries contain harmful chemicals such as lead, mercury, nickel and cadmium. Improperly disposed of batteries can contaminate our environment. While they are not as easily broken as lamps, most of the world’s consumer batteries end up in landfills or in our oceans. Over time they leach chemicals into the soil and water and this contaminates the environment. At this moment, there are billions of dead batteries in our landfills and oceans.
Call the experts
Give us a call to start recycling your batteries today.
Convenient One-Stop Recycling
We can handle all your hard to recycle waste. We provide safe, convenient and fast solutions to divert waste that require special handling. This includes both Hazardous Waste and Household Hazardous Waste items. We can pick up all your hazardous and hard to recycle waste. Our services are environmentally sensitive, streamlined, and cost-effective.
Same Day Service
We’re waiting for your call. Through our partners, we can provide the transportation versatility to match any loading area and we can be there within 24 hours from receiving your call.
Whether you have a loading dock, a forklift or require inside pickup service, we are equipped to handle the task. We are equipped to meet a wide range of waste management and recycling challenges across North America. Your lamp waste is just a phone call away from being out of your way.
No Counting Required
Waste Diversion prices by weight. The benefits of price by the pound to your company are as follows:
- No counting required
- Accurate pricing
- Gives you the actual tons of waste diverted from landfill
Reach out to us for your free estimate: 1-877-495-9914
Know How Much You Recycled
We will provide you with detailed Certificates of Recycling with each work order. Should you require it, we can provide you with yearly Testaments of Recycling Activity. These will combine all the items you recycled with Waste Diversion in a specific period of time.